If you are selected to undergo advertiser identity verification, you will receive an email and an in-account notification with instructions. Do not apply for identity verification for Google Ads accounts we have not requested.
Important note on advertiser identity
Ads run by advertisers who complete the advertiser identity verification will contain a disclosure using the information provided during the verification program. This means that your name, or the name of the organization or business you represent, and country, will be displayed in a disclosure that is automatically generated by Google. Find out more about Advertiser transparency and disclosures.
If you intend to run election ads you must complete election ads verification instead. Accounts that have completed advertiser identity verification only will not be able to run election ads.
The steps required to complete identity verification for certain Google Ads accounts may differ, depending on your account and structure, your billing setup, and if you are advertising on behalf of an organization or individual. Learn more about advertiser identity verification.
- You must only complete identity verification for the Google Ads accounts listed in the notification email requesting you start the verification program.
- You must be an authorized representative to complete verification on behalf of an organization.
- You will have 30 days to submit documentation for verification. If you do not submit documentation within this time frame, your account will be paused. Multiple failed attempts to complete the verification program may result in account pausing.
Google verifies advertiser identity through a two step process:
Step 1: Complete the form included in the verification email, submitting all requested information and documentation:
- You can choose to verify your business/organization name or individual name depending on your Google Ads account. If you need to be verified as an organization, the “Account type” selected for your Google Ads payment profile must be “Business.” If you are an individual your “Account Type” must be "Individual". If you are an agency or someone who manages multiple Google Ads accounts, each selected account will need to apply for verification.
Note: You can check your “Account type” in your Google Ads payments profile via the “Settings” page for “Billing & payments.” Note that your “Account type” can’t be modified. If your “Account type” is “Individual,” but you need to verify as an organization, or vice versa please, contact us before starting the verification program.
- For organizations, the verification program must be completed by an authorized representative. If you are an agency representing an advertiser, this can be an agency representative. For individuals, the named individual must complete the verification program.
- The country selected during the verification program must match the address submitted on any business or organization registration documents, or identity documents for individuals. This country will be displayed in the disclosure on any ads the advertiser runs.
- The name submitted as the advertiser name must be the advertiser’s legal name. See below for further requirements. This name will be displayed in the disclosure on any ads the advertiser runs.
- If you are an agency, the advertiser name must be the advertiser you are representing. If you manage multiple Google Ads accounts, the advertiser’s legal name for each account will need to be verified independently.
- Organizations are required to submit registration documents. Acceptable documents include a W9 or an IRS issued letter or document (not IRS forms) showing the organization name, organization address, and EIN.
- Google will review your application and send you an email notification about your step 1 verification status within 3-5 business days. Once step 1 is successfully completed, you may be asked to complete step 2 via an email and an in-account notification (in a red bar at the top of your Google Ads account).
Step 2: You will need to complete the in-account identity check, submitting all requested information and documentation, including ID, for the authorized representative.
- Organizations are required to submit registration documents (similar to step 1). Acceptable documents include a W9 or an IRS issued letter or document (not IRS forms) showing the organization name, organization address and EIN.
- Individuals and authorized representatives must submit a US Government-issued photo ID as part of the verification program. Acceptable documents include a passport, national/state ID card, driver’s license, or residence permit.
- Google will review your application and send you an email notification about your step 2 verification status within 3-5 business days.
- Please note that step 2 verifies the information on the payments profile linked to the Google Ads account. If you change the payments profile linked to the Ads account you will have to complete step 2 of the verification program again.
Keep in mind
- You have 30 days to start the verification program from the time you receive the notification. If you do not complete the verification program within the 30 day window, your ads will not be able to serve until you are verified by Google.
- Once you submit your documentation for verification, you must complete the verification program within 30 days, or your ads will not be able to serve.
- If we find that you violate our Google Ads policy, or you’ve provided false information during the verification program, your verification will be revoked, and your account may be suspended.
- You may need to renew your verification periodically. You’ll receive a notification when this verification is required. You may also be asked to re-verify your identity if there are significant changes in your Google ads account, such as moving locations, changing websites, or payment profile.
- Google may update these verification requirements at any time.