Google provides translated versions of our Help Centre, though they are not meant to change the content of our policies. The English version is the official language that we use to enforce our policies. To view this article in a different language, use the language drop-down at the bottom of the page.
The Google Ads policy on user safety will change around mid-January 2012. The policy is changing to prohibit short-term loans that don't include the following:
- Implications of late payment
- Implications of non-payment
- Code of practice/policy on responsible lending
- Disclosure of fees including the annual percentage rate (APR)
- Disclosure of renewal policy
- Legitimate contact information/physical address
- Compliance with other regulations related to short-term loans
Currently, the policy doesn't require all of the above information. The change will affect all countries. We made this decision to help protect the safety and security of our users. After the new policy goes into effect, the policy description will be updated to reflect this change.
(Posted on 3 January, 2012)