Google provides translated versions of our Help Center as a convenience, though they are not meant to change the content of our policies. The English version is the official language we use to enforce our policies. To view this article in a different language, use the language dropdown at the bottom of the page.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- PII may only be collected and used to deliver the relevant incentives, and such data must be discarded promptly following delivery of the relevant incentives.
- Advertisers may be restricted from collecting certain types of data and are prohibited from collecting these types of data when they are also collecting PII.
- Restricted sensitive categories if linked to PII include but are not limited to:
- Finance status or account information
- Racial or ethnic information
- Health/medical history or information
- Sexual behavior/orientation
- Information about children under the age of 18
- Political opinions/beliefs
- Trade union membership
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Your survey may only be open to users over 18. While it is not required to collect the age of the user, the following policies apply if the survey asks specifically for age information:
- If age is requested in the survey, it must be asked at the start of the survey with no other questions or fields on the same page.
- If the user is under 18 years of age, the survey must conclude immediately.
- Collection of age is not allowed on publications geared towards children, youth, gaming, etc.
Google Branded Surveys
- The survey invitation and survey itself may not indicate it is or appear to be associated with Google/YouTube unless the study is funded by Google/YouTube or unless given explicit written approval. This includes mentioning the Google/YouTube name, logo, and/or brand on any survey invitations or surveys.