Google provides translated versions of our Help Center as a convenience, though they are not meant to change the content of our policies. The English version is the official language we use to enforce our policies. To view this article in a different language, use the language dropdown at the bottom of the page.
From March 16 2021, Google will update the ads policy for ads served on made for kids content on YouTube.
Serving the following types of ads on content made for kids will be restricted:
- Incitement to Purchase: Promotions or content that incites children to purchase a product or service or to urge parents or others to buy the item.
- Misleading and Deceptive Claims
- Paid Ads cannot be misleading to children or make any deceptive or unsubstantiated claims. All claims and assertions need to be substantiated within the video itself.
- Paid Ads cannot imply that the product will improve your social status.
- Paid Ads cannot include features or call-to-actions that do not work or where the desired action can’t be completed.
(Posted January 2021)