About Google Ads
Ever notice "Ads by Google," "Sponsored Links," or the AdChoices icon as you browse the web, use an app or watch a video? Advertisers can use Google AdWords or Google’s DoubleClick ad platform to show you ads like these. In addition to seeing ads based on the types of sites and apps you visit, you may also see ads based on your interests and more.
In this article
Google’s Display Network, a collection of over a million websites, videos, and apps that partner with Google to show ads.
We may show you ads based on many factors, including:
- Types of websites you visit, and mobile apps you have on your device
- The DoubleClick cookie on your browser and the settings in your Ads Settings
- Websites and apps you’ve visited that belong to businesses that advertise with Google
- Your activity on another device, if you previously signed in to your Google account on another device
- Previous interactions with Google’s ads or advertising services
- Your Google profile, including YouTube and Google+ activity
We don’t do the following:
- Link your name or personally identifiable information to your DoubleClick cookie without your consent
- Associate an identifier from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation, or health
You can manage your ads settings with web-based tools and controls. Below are just a few of the tools, controls, and resources developed by Google and other organizations to help you do so:
|Tools, controls, and resources||What it is|
|Ads Settings||A Google tool that lets you opt out of Google’s interest-based ads or edit the interests and demographics associated with your Google Account.|
|Security and privacy tools||Google’s browser controls, plug-ins, and product features designed to help you protect your privacy. Choose from over a dozen.|
Google is a participating member of groups that have developed industry privacy standards like the AdChoices icon for online advertising.
|Australian Digital Advertising Alliance||Australia|
|Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA)||United States|
|Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada||Canada|
|European Digital Advertising Alliance||Europe|
|Network Advertising Initiative||United States|