Please make sure to visit Your AdSense Page where you can find personalized information about your account to help you succeed with AdSense.

/adsense/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Ads Only *Sometimes* Display; Blank Spaces Otherwise
I've had a long-standing issue on my site where ads will only *sometimes* display and in many other instances, will simply result in a large blank space on the site.  I believe that my revenue has been greatly impacted by this + having large blank spaces where the ads should be is a large eyesore.

I've searched high and low and have inquired about this in the past to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Root URL: sectioneighty.com
Most commonly affected pages:

Desktop appears to be more of an issue than on mobile.

See attachment.

Thanks.
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (5)
Product Experts are not Google Employees
Relevant Answer
The problem I see there is that I see nothing but ads when landing on the page. You have to scroll to see content. That's a violation of ad placement policies. Ads at the top driving content below the fold are not an ad placement they allow. I saw ads on all the pages you list.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I don’t follow. Per the screenshots & the URLs, the ad is placed below the logo, the page description & image banner, and the site horizontal navigation. There’s plenty of content above the ad as to where the ad falls 50% down the view on a typical laptop resolution.

For comparison, attached is an example of placement policy violation: 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer

I see content there, but I also removed all the advertising from under headers a long time ago. AdSense automatically updated I guess. I'll have to remove it again, because ads that drive content below the fold aren't allowed.

It shows a visual of what they mean by driving content below the fold.

Auto ads make it difficult to control - 3 times I've removed ads under the headers of my sites, and for some reason, they keep returning. I may have to drop auto ads and go back to manually placed ads.

To control the ads (to some extent) on your pages, you can use the "ad load" option, and you can choose spots to not have ads, using the instructions here:

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
So checking my own ad settings on both blogger, and in the AdSense account ... it does not show the first ad at all, and it is, and has been, set to only show ads between posts, the ad below the header was removed. The view you posted doesn't exist for me, in my account or in my blogger settings, so that's really odd. The first ad on mine looks like it might be an anchor ad.

I assume you're using a mobile device, but it still shouldn't be showing the ads below my header.

According to both my AdSense account, and a view of my page on my husband's phone, there's only an anchor ad (bottom of the page) showing on mobile. Other ads were removed ages ago (both in blogger settings, and on the ad settings page in AdSense).

Of view of mine as seen by us here:

Mobile

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
If ads below the fold are disallowed (they’re not — see below), then adsense’s auto-ads should never place them there. If so, that would be google mot adhering to their own rules. Which…isn’t happening. 

Per the link you sent:

“ Publishers should avoid site layouts in which the ads push content below the fold. These layouts make it hard for users to distinguish between the content and ads.”

Key words: “should avoid”. You’ll notice other stipulations on that link that are phrase, “you may not” — this is far different than stating that you should try to avoid doing something to avoid accidental clicks. If a page is deemed by google as having accidental clicks, it’s captured in your error list and you’re sent a notification to correct it.

Given the phrasing, your website (you haven’t had issues with it and didn’t even know it was happening until I pointed it out here), & auto-ads, I believe that the above answer is incorrect. I’m still in search of why google is limiting or capping the ads displayed on my site and are instead sending blank boxes/divs without the ad content. It greatly effects my potential revenue & is quite unsightly.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/adsense/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic