Guidelines for fixed-sized display ad units
If you want to show ads with a specific size, you can create a display ad unit and give it a fixed size. Fixed-sized display ad units let you specify the width and height of the ads that you want to appear on your page. Just like responsive display ad units, fixed-sized display ad units can serve all ad types.
Note that fixed-sized display ad units don’t dynamically change their size or respond to changes in screen orientation. If your site uses responsive design, we recommend that you use a responsive display ad unit instead.
You might want to use a fixed-sized display ad unit if you:
- Need a fixed size to better fit the layout of your page
- Have a regional ad size that's popular in your location.
To ensure that ads continue to deliver a positive user experience, we’ve put a few restrictions in place around maximum and minimum pixels for ad sizes. Any fixed-sized ads that fall outside of the restrictions below won’t appear when placed on a page.
Fixed-sized ads are required to adhere to the AdSense ad placement policies. Additionally, the following size restrictions will be enforced:
- Only one dimension can be greater than 450 pixels
- The minimum width is 120 pixels
- The minimum height is 50 pixels
- Neither height nor width can exceed 1200 pixels.