Application review waiting time
For some sites the application review process can be as quick as two days, and for others it can take several weeks. Note that some parts of the process require actions on your end, and we can only continue the review after you complete them.
Important points to help your review:
- Copy the ad code exactly as it appears in the My ads section of your AdSense account.
- Place the ad code on the site or URL that you used to sign up for AdSense.
- Make sure you place the ad code on a page that has content and receives regular visitors.
We've found that in most cases when publishers waited a long time to be reviewed, it was because they hadn't placed their ad code on an active page.
The AdSense approval process
Here's a more detailed description of the approval process:
- After you've submitted your application, you're then signed in to your AdSense account for the first time. Initially, you'll see a red bar across the top of your account, to let you know your application is under review. To complete the review process, you need to implement the ad code on a page of your signup URL that receives traffic. It's important that you complete this step, otherwise we won't be able to continue the review process.
- Once our system detects that you've placed the ad code on a live page on your sign-up site or URL, we'll automatically review your entire site (not just the page that you submitted in your application). It typically takes 1-2 days for our specialists to complete the review. As soon as we’ve reviewed your application, we’ll send you an email with details on your application status.
- Once your application is fully approved, ads will automatically start to show in your AdSense for content ad units and the red alert in your account will disappear.
If you've signed up for AdMob, YouTube or another AdSense product
Please note that if you don’t plan on using AdSense for content, you'll already be seeing ads and you don’t need to complete the review process as described above. You will still see the red alert bar in your AdSense account but you can disregard it. This alert only applies to AdSense for content ads and doesn't impact any of the following products:
Jason is an AdSense expert and the author of this help page. Help him improve this article by leaving feedback below.