Signing up and connecting your site
Application review waiting time
For some sites the application review process can be as quick as a day, and for others it can take several weeks. Note that some parts of the process require actions on your end, and we can only continue the review after you complete them.
Important points to help your review:
- Copy the code exactly as it appears on the homepage of your AdSense account.
- Place the code on the site or URL that you used to sign up for AdSense.
- Make sure you place the code on a page that has content and receives regular visitors.
We've found that in most cases when a publisher waits a long time to be reviewed, it's because they haven't placed the code on a page that gets regular views.
The AdSense approval process
Here's a more detailed description of the approval process:
- After you've submitted your application, you're then signed in to your AdSense account for the first time. To complete the review process, copy the code from the AdSense homepage and paste it into the HTML of your site right after the
<head>tag. It's important that you complete this step, otherwise we won't be able to continue the review process.
- Once our system detects that you've placed the code on a live page on your sign-up site or URL, we'll automatically review your entire site (not just the page that you submitted in your application). It typically takes 1-2 days for our specialists to complete the review. As soon as we’ve reviewed your application, we’ll send you an email with details on your application status.
- Once your application is fully approved, you're ready to start showing ads. Learn how to set up ads on your site.
If you've signed up for AdMob, YouTube or another AdSense product
Please note that if you don’t plan on using AdSense for content, you'll already be able to see ads and you don’t need to complete the review process as described above.
Jason is an AdSense expert and the author of this help page. Help him improve this article by leaving feedback below.