To complete the AdSense activation process you need to connect your site to AdSense.
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- On the AdSense homepage, click Add site.
- Enter the URL of the site that you want to show ads on.
- Click Save.
Tip: If you own multiple sites, you can add them now too. On the AdSense homepage, open the site selector and click Add another site.
- On the AdSense homepage, in the "Connect your site to AdSense" card, click Let's go.
- Copy the AdSense code.
- Paste the code into the HTML of your page, between the
</head>tags. Learn more about pasting ad code in our code implementation guide.WordPress user? Learn how to insert ad code in your WordPress site.View an example HTML page with the code added
<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-1234567890123456" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
This is the head of your page.
<title>Example HTML page</title>
This is the body of your page.
- Click Request review.
We review your entire site to check it complies with the AdSense Program policies. This usually takes a few days, but in some cases it can take 2-4 weeks. You can check the status of the review on the "Sites" card on your AdSense homepage.
If we can't confirm the code is placed correctly on your site you'll see a message on your AdSense homepage. Here are some things to check to help you fix connection issues.
- Did you paste the code into the HTML of your site?
- Did you paste the code between the
- Did you paste the code into the site you used to sign up for AdSense?
- Did you place the code on a page that has content and receives regular visitors?
- Did you provide the correct URL when you created your AdSense account? If you made a mistake, you can use the site selector on the AdSense homepage to remove the incorrect site and add a new site.
- Is your site up and running? Make sure your site is published and live on the web.
- Can AdSense access your site without a password? If your site's login protected, consider temporarily removing the login so that we can reach your site. Note that after your account has been successfully activated, you can create a crawler login to display Google ads on your login-protected pages.