The Ad formats report lets you understand your monetization performance based on how you've configured the ads on your site. You can use this report to see how the different types of ads on your site (e.g., Native In-feed ads versus standard display ads) are performing.
For example, the Ad formats report can help you understand:
- How newer types of ads you're using (e.g., native ads) are performing compared to your existing ads
- The performance of automatic ads (e.g., anchors ads and vignettes) versus your standard ad units
- How different kinds of ads are performing against each other (e.g., Matched content units with ads versus Matched content units without ads).
This report breaks out performance in three areas:
- Requested ad types: The type of ad that your site requested, e.g., Text, Text & display, Link unit, Matched content, etc.
- Ad formats: The way the ad was shown to the user, for example, was it displayed directly within the content of your page, was it displayed over the top, etc.
- Ad placements: The way the ad was placed on the page, for example, was it placed in an ad unit that you positioned manually on the page or was it automatically placed by AdSense.
Viewing the Ad formats report
To view the Ad formats report:
- Visit your Reports page, then under "All reports" click Ad formats.
Note that you can't view ad format data from dates prior to the deployment of the Ad formats report.