AdMob, YouTube, Blogger, and host partnerships
YouTube Partner Program overview
The YouTube Partner Program (YPP) lets creators monetize their content on YouTube. Creators can earn money from advertisements served on their videos and from YouTube Red subscribers watching their content. You can apply to join the YouTube Partner Program from your account in Creator Studio.
How to apply for the program
All YouTube creators can apply to join as long as the program is available in your country. Once a channel reaches 4,000 watch hours in the previous 12 months and 1,000 subscribers it will be reviewed to join the program.
This program threshold allows us to significantly improve our ability to identify creators who contribute positively to the community and help drive more ad revenue to them (and away from bad actors). These standards also help us prevent potentially inappropriate videos from monetizing, which can hurt revenue for everyone.
- If your channel has previously been in YPP: When you reach the program threshold, your channel will be automatically re-evaluated under the new criteria. You can check your monetization status at Creator Studio > Channel > Monetization.
- If your channel has never been in YPP: Follow the 4 steps to join the YouTube Partner Program from your account in Creator Studio. Once your channel reaches the program threshold, you'll be reviewed to join.
- If you're approved: You'll start earning money on YouTube right away if you've already chosen the videos you want to monetize.
- If you're not approved: If your channel isn't approved to join the program, it's likely because we cannot determine whether your channel's activity complies with the YouTube Partner Program policies and Community Guidelines.
Use the resources listed below to help grow your channel. You can re-apply again in 30 days.
See your Watch time report
Creator Studio Classic
- Log in to your Google account.
- In the top right, select your account > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, click Analytics < Watch time.
To download the report, click Export report in the top right.
What if I don't meet the program threshold?
- Get tips from top creators in the Creator Academy.
- Learn solutions from other YouTube users in the YouTube Help Forum.
- Go to the Creator Site to learn, grow, and be connected to programs, resources, and events.
- Check out our YouTube Help channel and YouTube Creators channel to watch tutorials, troubleshooting, and tips videos from the YouTube Help team.
- See all the resources available to you as a creator.
Features not affected by YPP eligibility requirements
- Cards: All creators can use cards. However, linking to external websites from cards is a feature that is currently only available to YPP members. When YPP eligibility requirements are updated on February 20, 2018, channels that currently have access to these features will continue to have access even if they're no longer in YPP. We'll be building out new eligibility criteria for this external linking feature.
- Creator Studio: You don't need to be part of YPP to use Creator Studio on YouTube.
- Custom URLs: You don't need to be part of YPP to claim a custom URL. However, there are other requirements that you must reach.
- Custom thumbnails: You don't need to be part of YPP to use custom thumbnails, you just need to verify your account by phone.
- End screens: All creators can use end screens. However, linking to external websites from end screens is a feature that is currently only available to YPP members. When YPP eligibility requirements are updated on February 20, 2018, channels that currently have access to these features will continue to have access even if they're no longer in YPP. We'll be building out new eligibility criteria for this external linking feature.
- Live streaming: You don't need to be part of YPP to use live streaming. You just need to confirm that your channel is verified and that you have no live stream restrictions in the last 90 days.
- Scheduling uploads: You don't need to be part of YPP to schedule uploads.
- YouTube Analytics: You don't need to be part of YPP to use YouTube Analytics.
Features affected by YPP eligibility requirements
You currently need to be in YPP to use some monetization-related features. When YPP eligibility requirements are updated on February 20, 2018, only channels that are in YPP will continue to have access to these features:
- Provide your tax information, if necessary
- Confirm your payee name and address
- Set up how you want to receive your payment
- Verify your address with a PIN that's mailed to you (if you don't already have a PIN, this may take 2-4 weeks)
If it's determined that your channel is no longer eligible for monetization, your channel will lose access to all monetization tools and features associated with the YouTube Partner Program. Learn more about what to do if monetization is disabled for your channel.
You can keep uploading original content and building your audience on YouTube even if you're not in the YouTube Partner Program. You can re-apply to the program 30 days after suspension.