Ad code implementation
Set up ads on your site
After you've connected your site to AdSense, it's time to set up ads on your site. There are two ways to do this: QuickStart or ad units.
QuickStart is a fast and easy way for new AdSense publishers to get started with ad serving.
- Simplicity: you control all the ads with the flick of a switch.
- Automation: AdSense works out which ads to show and where to show them for you.
- Convenience: QuickStart works on both desktop and mobile and provides good ad coverage on your pages.
- Compliance: AdSense ensures that all your ad placements are policy-compliant.
- As QuickStart ads are automatic, you can't choose where the ads appear on your pages.
- If you decide to move over to ad units in the future, you'll need to remember to turn off QuickStart, otherwise you might end up with too many ads on your pages.
Ad units are for AdSense publishers who want full control over the placement of their ads.
- Control: position ads exactly where you want them to appear on your pages.
- Customization: select the ad types and ad sizes that best suit your site.
- Ad units are manual, so don't forget to place them on all your pages where you want ads to show.
- Keep in mind that there are rules about where you can place ad units. It's up to you to ensure that your ads comply with the AdSense program policies.