Troubleshoot and resolve common issues
My page views are low
A decline in page views could be seasonal or the result of changes in your content. When troubleshooting changes in page views, it's a good practice is to extend the date range of your reports out to at least the last 30 days to help identify trends or specific issues.
The Entire account by day report with page view metrics
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Reports, then select Entire account by day.
- Now, select the Page views metric.
Recommended actions for declining page views
If your earnings have decreased because of a drop in page views, here are some steps you can take:
- Check the Google Analytics data for your site to see if there have been any changes in your referral traffic. Consider the promotions you have running for your site. Did you recently end a marketing campaign, causing a drop in traffic?
- Review your Sites report. Has one of your sites suddenly started to perform much worse than the others? If so, check for problems such as 404 errors, server issues, or policy issues.
Best practices for increasing traffic
Here are some suggestions on how to increase traffic to your site:
- Promote your site with other major sites that cover the same topics as you.
- Promote your site through social media, and create a group of interested people who regularly visit your site.
- Use Google Search Console to ensure your site is being correctly crawled and indexed.
- Update your site regularly to encourage repeat visitors. You might also want to send out an email or a newsletter about your updates.
For more information, see our tips to increase traffic to your site.