In Google Analytics, a property is a website, mobile application, or blog, etc., that is associated with a unique tracking ID. A Google Analytics account can contain one or more properties. Learn more about Google Analytics properties.
A view is a set of specifications for tracking traffic on a single domain. You can think of a view as a single set of rules for Analytics to use in processing the traffic on a domain. Analytics shows reports for one view at a time.
You can set up multiple views for a single domain. For example, if you were setting up views to track "example.com," you might want:
- One view for traffic to store.example.com
- One view for U.S. visitors
- One view whose reports can be viewed only by certain people
How properties and views relate to AdSense reporting in Analytics
- You must select an AdSense property: When you integrate your AdSense property with Analytics, you'll be linking it to a Google Analytics web property.
- AdSense reporting shows for one view at a time: If you display AdSense ads on multiple domains, you'll see AdSense reporting in Analytics for only a single view at a time (and therefore, a single domain).
- Enabling one view to report across multiple domains: To view AdSense reporting across multiple domains in a single view, you'll need to take some additional steps to set up your tracking code.