You can use the AdSense for games tag generator to easily create ad tags for your web-based gaming content.
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Ads for Games.
- On the "Get code" page, enter a description URL for the video tag, such as http://www.simplevideoad.com/golf.html. The description URL is usually a site that points to where the ad tag and gaming content will serve.
- Select whether your video ad type is a "Standard instream" or a "Skippable" ad.
You can assign a "Maximum duration" to the ad type you select.
- Decide on the overlay type. You can select from "Text" and/or "Image".
- (Optional) Choose whether you want to track your ad with a custom channel.
- Identify whether your video position is "Pre-roll", "Mid-roll", or "Post-roll".
When you select the "Mid-roll" video position, you can specify a value in seconds.
- Decide on the user language of the video ad. You can choose from any of the AdSense supported languages.
- Select the video ad technology:
- Copy and paste the generated code into your game (make sure that it complies with the AdSense for games policies).
Sample 'Direct SDK' tag:
Sample 'IMA Adapter' tag:
https://ima3vpaid.appspot.com/?adTagUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fgoogleads.g.doubleclick.net%2Fpagead%2Fads%3Fad_type%3Dvideo_text_image%26client%3Dca-games-pub-4968145218643279%26videoad_start_delay%3D0%26description_url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.google.com%26max_ad_duration%3D30000%26adtest%3Don&type=jsYou can now take the code generated, and put this in the ad setup for your web-based game. If you want to test your new ad code, try using our Video Suite Inspector.