AdSense for video (AFV)
Get the code for a video tag for AdSense for video
You can use the AdSense for video tag generator to quickly and easily create video ad tags for your videos.
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Ads for Video.
- On the "Get code" page, enter a description URL for the video tag, such as http://www.simplevideoad.com/golf.html.
- Select whether your video ad type is a "Standard instream" or a "Skippable" ad.
You can assign a maximum duration to the ad type you selected.
- Decide on the overlay type. You can select from "Text" and/or "Image".
- (Optional) Choose whether you want to track your tag with a custom channel.
- Identify whether your video position is "Pre-roll", "Mid-roll", or "Post-roll".
When you select the mid-roll video position, you can specify a value in seconds.
- Decide on the user language of the video ad. You can choose from any of the AdSense supported languages.
- Select the video ad technology:
- Copy and paste the generated code into your video (make sure that it complies with the AdSense for video policies).
Sample 'Direct SDK' tag:
Sample 'IMA Adapter' tag:
https://ima3vpaid.appspot.com/?adTagUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fgoogleads.g.doubleclick.net%2Fpagead%2Fads%3Fad_type%3Dvideo_text_image%26client%3Dca-video-pub-4968145218643279%26videoad_start_delay%3D0%26description_url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.google.com%26max_ad_duration%3D30000%26adtest%3Don&type=jsIf you want to test your ad code, you can use the Video Suite Inspector on the Google Developers site.