The Google APIs Explorer is a developer tool that helps you explore various Google APIs interactively. If you're interested in learning more about the AdSense Management API, for example, to create your own management dashboard, we offer the option to open a performance report in the APIs Explorer. Opening a report in the APIs Explorer allows you to see the query that’s necessary to create a particular report.
To open a report in the APIs Explorer:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Reports.
- Generate the report that you'd like to open in the APIs Explorer.
- Click the down arrow next to export button and select Open in Google APIs Explorer from the drop-down list. The Google APIs Explorer opens in a new window with the relevant fields pre-populated for you.
If you get an error message that says that your report is not available in the APIs Explorer, it means that your report is using dimensions and/or metrics that aren’t supported by the AdSense Management API. If this happens, you can either modify your report in AdSense, or try a different report. View the list of supported metrics and dimensions.
- Click the Authorize requests using OAuth 2.0 toggle button in the upper right corner of the APIs Explorer. Learn more about using OAuth 2.0 to access Google APIs.
- In the “Select OAuth 2.0 scopes” dialog that opens, click Authorize to grant the APIs Explorer access to your AdSense data.
- Click Execute at the bottom of the APIs Explorer page.
The APIs Explorer page updates and you can now see the correctly formulated request and response for your report.