Search for ads by image
The Ad review center includes an image search function to help you find and review image ads, including Flash-based creatives. Simply upload a target image from your computer and the Ad review center will find the ads that are a visual match for your image. For example, you could upload a picture of a competitor’s logo and use it to search for image ads containing their logo.
To search by image:
- Visit the Allow & block ads tab.
- In the sidebar, select your product. For example, select “Content” for AdSense for content.
- In the horizontal bar across the top of the page, click the Ads (Ad review center) tab.
- Select the subtab for the ads you’re looking for. For example, if you want to find ads that have already appeared on your site, select the Shown subtab.
- Click Filters in the upper right corner of the main area.
- In the "Filters" panel, next to “Similar to image,” click Browse for an image and select an image from your computer.
Your image can be a maximum of 2MB in size, and its largest dimension should be less than or equal to 1024 pixels. The supported image file formats are: JPEG, GIF and PNG.
- Under “Ad types,” make sure that only the Image checkbox is selected.
- Choose from the following filtering options:
You'll see slightly different filtering options, depending on which tab you've selected in the sidebar.
- Ads matching: Search based on ad text or URL.
- From ad network: Search a specific ad network.
- Ads being allowed in next: Search for held ads that will be automatically allowed in the next 1, 6, 12 or 24 hours.
- New ads in last: Search for ads that have appeared in the last 1, 3, or 7 days, or for all new ads.
- Click Apply filters. The results of your image search are displayed in the Ad review center ready for you to review and block.