Though the AdSense Terms and Conditions don't permit transfers of account ownership, you can update your payments name or address to fix misspellings, or to make adjustments for changes such as marriage, death, or company mergers.
- You can only make changes if you're an Admin or a payments user with permission to edit payments information on the payments profile of the AdSense account.
- You can’t change your payments name if you've already verified your identity. Learn how to change your payments name after you complete identity verification.
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Payments Payments info.
- If you have separate payments accounts for AdSense and YouTube, make sure you select the correct payments account.
- Click Manage settings.
- In the "Payments profile" section, click next to "Name and address".
- Enter your desired payments name.
Tip: For business accounts, the first line should be the business name and the second line the contact name for the business.
- Update your payment address in the "Address" fields.
- Click Save.
Changes made before the 20th of the month typically affect the current month's payment, while changes made after the 20th won't take effect until the next month's payment cycle.
The name on your tax form is automatically copied from the name in your payments profile. Whenever you update your payments name, you also need to resubmit your tax information. For more information, see How to submit your tax information to Google.
For U.S. publishers, the W9 name field will pre-populate with the name in your payments profile.
For U.S. businesses that are disregarded entities: when completing your W9 tax form, the first name line needs to be the name of the person or entity filing a tax return for the business. Learn how to submit tax information for a disregarded entity.