Change the primary property for an AdSense account in Analytics
Your primary property is the property to which you don't need to add any code to enable integrated AdSense-Analytics reporting. Webpages on your primary property only need to have the AdSense ad code to show ads and the Analytics tracking code to enable integrated reporting. Webpages on other properties need AdSense code, Analytics tracking code, and the AdSense Analytics code (ASAC) to enable integrated reporting.
To change your primary property:
- Click the Admin tab at the top right of any Analytics page.
- If you are not already on the "Account Administration" screen, click Accounts List.
- Click the name of your account.
- Click the Data Sources tab.
- Click the AdSense tab.
- Click Make Primary for the domain you want to serve as your primary domain.
- Click Switch.
Once you’ve changed your primary property, you need to add the ASAC to all pages on the new secondary property. Previously, when these pages were on the primary property, they didn’t require the ASAC, but now that they are on a non-primary property they do require the ASAC.