Code implementation guide
If you use an HTML insert editor
If your web editor uses an HTML Insert feature, please follow these instructions for pasting your AdSense ad code.
- Using your editor, open the web page where you'd like to display AdSense ads or a search box. Click the Insert option on the toolbar, then click HTML.
- In the HTML code box that appears, paste your ad code and then click OK.
After doing so, a new HTML box will appear. You can move this box anywhere on your website, but you can't overlap the HTML box with any other text or graphic box on the website. Overlapping will prevent your ads from appearing or create errors when you upload the website. Also keep in mind that you can adjust the size of the HTML box to fit your layout.
- Once you're satisfied with the position of your ads, go to File in your menu and click Preview in Browser to see what your ad will look like.
- Please make sure that you pick an ad size that will fit into a blank space on your site.
- If you are satisfied with the ad placement, go to File and click Publish.
You've finished! If this is the first time that you have implemented code and your AdSense account has not been fully approved, your ad units will remain blank.
Once our system detects that the code has been placed on a live page, we will automatically review your websites with the ad code. It typically takes 2 to 3 days for our specialists to complete the review. Once your application has been fully approved (you will receive a message about this), the ads will start to show.