Allow & block ads
Find ads in the Ad review centre
The Ad review centre offers several features to help you find specific ads to review and block.
The search box at the top of the Ad review centre lets you restrict which ads you see, for example, by language, ad type, ad size, etc.
To filter or search for ads:
- Type in the search box or click the search box and select a filter.
You can choose from the following filtering options:
- Text: Find ads with matching ad text or destination URLs.
- Publisher domain Filter ads based on which of your sites they appeared on.
- Newest ads: Search for ads that have appeared on your site in the last 1, 3 or 7 days.
- Ad network: Search for ads from a specific ad network.
- Language: Filter based on the language that has been detected for ads. To determine ad language, we look at various factors including the landing page of the ad as well as its content, which means that you might see ads with images or text in a different language to the one you filtered on. The list is ordered by the percentage of ads in each language.
Let's say that you have ads in five languages (English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Japanese), and the distribution totals for each language are: English (20), Spanish (40), Italian (25), Portuguese (5) and Japanese (10). The list would then display the languages in the following (descending) order: Spanish, Italian, English, Japanese and Portuguese.
- Size: Filter based on the size of the ads shown on your site. The list is ordered by the percentage of ads of each size.
- Ad type: Filter by image, text or rich media ads.
- Click string: Search for ads based on their tracking URL.
Note that some filtering options are hidden until you start typing in the search box and we determine what you're searching for.
You can use the Ad review centre's image search function to help you find and review image ads. For example, you could upload a picture of a competitor's logo and use it to search for image ads containing their logo.
To search for ads that match an image:
- Click .
- Drag or upload your image.
Your image can be a maximum of 2 MB in size and its largest dimension should be less than or equal to 1024 pixels. The supported image file formats are: JPEG, GIF and PNG. However, ad matches can only be identified with an original PNG. Learn more.
Distorting the image will affect the search results. Make sure that you haven't distorted the image by zooming in or out. Also, if you're using an image that was emailed, make sure that you download the image to your computer rather than copying the image to avoid distortion.
- Click Search.
During the search, Ad review centre may find ad matches, as well as visual matches, for the creative that you're searching for. Creatives will be labelled as ad matches or visual matches in the search results.
- An ad match is the instance of the creative that you uploaded. Search finds the creative that you uploaded based on the creative and time that it served. AdSense then allows you to block it, or lets you know the source of the creative.
An ad match may or may not be visually exact to the uploaded creative. Blocking the ad match can prevent it from showing in your app, however it may still serve from your other ad sources.
- A visual match is a creative that's visually exact or very similar to the uploaded creative that you're searching for, but may or may not be an exact ad match.
You can also use image search to identify the source of a creative. Learn more.
The Ad review centre also offers the ability to find related ads. Ads are considered related if they have a similar destination page, or are connected by a similar subject (e.g. a brand, a person, an object etc.).
To view related ads:
- Hover over an ad and click Find related ads.
Any related ads found will appear in a filtered page labelled 'Related ads'. From here, you can choose to either click Block all or Mark all as reviewed.