Overview of performance reports
The Performance reports tab is designed to provide more insight into not just how much you're earning, but what impacts those earnings. It includes graphs so you can view trends and compare important metrics more easily. It also offers lots of ways of segmenting your statistics. Click a link below to learn more:
Data breakdownsDivide your data to better understand your performance at a more granular level.
- Time: View activity by days, weeks, or months. Or, just use the date range at the top of the account to view a specific time period. You can also compare one date range to another.
- Channels: Channels are now split into URL channels, for tracking by areas of your site, and custom channels, for more flexible tracking.
- Sites: See data for domains and subdomains, including estimated earnings, ad requests, and more. Learn more
- Owned sites: View data for the domains and subdomains that are listed in your Owned sites list. Learn more
- Ad types: Learn how often text ads, image ads, rich media ads, and link units appear on your pages.
- Ad networks: See data for Google certified ad networks, including estimated earnings, ad requests, and more.
- Ad sizes: See what sizes of ads perform well for your site.
- Bid types: See how advertisers are paying for the ads on your site -- cost-per-click or cost-per-thousand impressions.
- Targeting types: Learn how ads are matched to your pages -- through contextual or placement targeting.
- Products: If you're earning with AdSense in multiple ways -- with AdSense for content and AdSense for search, for example -- see how these different products contribute to your overall earnings at a high level.
- Ad units: View performance for individual ad units you've customized. (Available for ad units created after November 2007.)
- Countries: Shows performance broken down by the country of visitors that have viewed the ads on your site. Only available when viewing reports by ad type, bid type, and targeting type.
- Platforms: Shows data broken out into by device
- Desktop: all traffic coming from desktop users
- High-end mobile devices: includes smartphone devices such as Android phones
- Tablet: all traffic coming from tablet users
- Other mobile devices: includes low-end and mid-range phones
View your data in any of these ways, and you'll be able to drill down further using the "Add dimension" drop-downs above the table. For example, to see which advertisers are placement targeting your homepage, you could view data by URL channels, then drill down by targeting type.
Charts on several pages throughout your account provide a visual representation of your performance.
- View multiple metrics: Use the "Filter" button to see the total performance for multiple items. Select items in the table, then click "Filter" to see the combined total of those items in the graph and table. The lines in the graph represent the statistics you've chosen, such as clicks and earnings.
- View multiple items: Use the "Chart" button to visually compare up to five items from the table below. For example, you could select and chart several custom channels to compare their performance over the same time period.
There are additional graph types, such as the bar chart and pie chart, that you can use to view your data in the way that makes it easiest to interpret. You can switch between graph types using the graph selector buttons.
The interface lets you choose any report as your default to show when you sign in to your account -- use your preferred report settings, then click the "Save as default report" button. You can also customize which metrics appear in your report. Opening the "Columns" drop-down and select your preferred metrics from the list, whether you want to view by page, ad unit, or individual ad.
As in the previous interface, you can save reports for quick reference later. Just generate a report with your preferred settings, then click the "Save report" button above the table. Saved reports are accessible in your sidebar.
Reports where they're relevant
Your Home Overview page shows a graph to give you a quick performance summary every time you sign in to your account. You'll also see basics stats and graphs on the details page for each ad unit and custom channel, accessible from the My ads page.
Once you create a report, you can run it on a regular basis and have it emailed to yourself. Click the Save report button, then select the Run this report automatically checkbox. Learn more