To make it easier to navigate and understand the differences between Auto ads formats, we've made the following updates to the Auto ads settings panel:
- We've reorganized the formats into two groups based on their behavior:
- "Overlay formats" (anchor, vignette, and side rail) are ads that are placed over a page's content without affecting its layout.
- "In-page formats" (banner and Multiplex) are ads that are placed within areas of a page based on the page's layout and amount of content.
- The format previously called "in-page ads" is now called "banner ads" and is part of the "In-page formats" group.
- The controls for banner ads and Multiplex ads are now independent. Previously you had to turn on banner ads before you could turn on Multiplex ads.
- Each format is now easily identifiable from the menu by an illustrative icon.
- We've added an ad gallery showing examples of each format.
These updates will be available the next time you visit the Auto ads settings panel. Learn more about Auto ads settings.