- How much will I earn from showing AdMob ads in my app?
- Why have my earnings or performance changed?
- Why has my fill rate been fluctuating?
- What can I do to improve my earnings or performance?
- When I test my app, similar ads seem to appear very often. What can I do to receive more diverse ads?
How much will I earn from showing AdMob ads in my app?
Our network is based on a CPC or cost-per-click basis. Your app earns money based on the number of actual clicks received. Exactly how much you make per click can vary substantially based on a number of factors. These include the type of app, your user base, and general market conditions. We operate an ad marketplace, so the price of a click at any given moment is determined by the bids that are being placed by advertisers.
Because of all these factors, it is very difficult to be predictive about earnings.
The best way you can determine how your app will earn is to install our code and allow our ads to run for a few weeks. This is a very quick and intuitive process, and you should have ads up and running very quickly. Allowing ads to run for a few weeks will give your performance metrics time to settle and provide you with a general idea of your app’s revenue generation potential.
Why have my earnings or performance changed?
The AdMob network is a dynamic marketplace in which thousands of advertisers bid on different subsets of traffic. As the balance between supply and demand shifts continually, you may see fluctuations in ad performance over time. Geography, user base, app type and general market conditions can all impact the ads that are available to and subsequently affect performance.
If you notice any sever fluctuations in performance, we recommend reviewing any changes you have made that may affect our ability to serve ads to your app. Specifically, check to ensure to review any substantial changes to your implementation or filter settings.
Why has my fill rate been fluctuating?
We constantly strive to ensure maximal fill for all of our publishers. However, we may not always be able to return an ad for a given ad request. Fill rate can fluctuate from time to time as our network is a dynamic marketplace that is still growing and evolving. Geography, user base, app type and general market conditions can all impact the amount of ads available to you and subsequently impact fill.
If you have noticed a significant change in your fill rate, we would recommend reviewing any changes in your app's implementation that might have impacted our ability to properly serve ads to your app. The filters you have set on your app may also impact our fill rate. Please review these to ensure that you’re maximizing your revenue by allowing as many type of ads as your are comfortable with to be shown.
Rest assured, we're working hard to maintain a high fill rate in order to maximize revenue generation potential for our publishers.
What can I do to improve my earnings or performance?
There are many factors that affect how much you will earn through placing AdMob ads in your app. Here are some general best practices we recommend to developers:
- Ad placement should be a part of the development and design process.
- Ads should be placed at natural points within an app. Some example placements include:
- Between levels
- On menu screen
- On a pause screen
- Ads should not be placed where they interfere with a user's normal interaction with your app.
- On apps, they should be placed substantially far away from menu buttons to prevent unintentional clicks. For example, if your navigation buttons are on the bottom of the screen, consider placing the ad at the top.
- Using Google Analytics in your app can help you improve overall user experience and retention, which can improve in-app monetization efforts. Learn how to implement Google Analytics in your app.
Keep in mind that every app will perform differently on our network. We suggest experimenting with refresh rate and ad placement as these can substantially affect the performance you receive.
Please also be sure to follow the implementation guidelines laid out in Publisher Guidelines and Policies.
When I test my app, similar ads seem to appear very often. What can I do to receive more diverse ads?
When viewing many ads over a short period of time, from a single device and location, you may see similar ads due to the way they are targeted. We encourage publishers to set their ad filters to be as permissive as possible to ensure the largest pool of ads are available to them.
Further diversity is something that changes and evolves naturally over time as new advertisers enter the market with different campaigns and goals. We're working hard to ensure we are able to provide users with diverse and relevant ads.