Depending on your location, we might need to verify your identity using information like your name, address, or date of birth. You might also need to provide us with a copy of your ID or proof of address. We do this to confirm it's you and protect you from fraud.
Note that if you are required to do this, you won't be asked to verify your address via PIN until after you've successfully verified your identity.
For example, you might need to verify your identity to receive payment from AdSense. When this happens, your AdSense account will have a temporary payment hold placed on it until we've confirmed your identity.
How to verify your identity
Sign in to your account and follow the instructions on your "Payments" page.
- In AdSense, click Payments Verification check.
- In AdMob, click Payments.
Submit your documents
Here are some tips on successfully submitting your documents:
- Capture the entire document, the photo should be readable and in focus.
- Keep your image free of reflections and glare.
- Incomplete or obstructed documents or dark or blurry photos won't be accepted.
- Uploading documents or photos other than your ID may result in account suspension.
Supported document types include:
- Driver's license
- National identity card
If we can't verify your identity
Sometimes we're unable to verify your identity from the documents you provide, for example, if your documents are blurry or unreadable. We'll let you know if this happens and invite you to resubmit.
To prevent abuse, we only allow a limited number of verification attempts. If you've reached your limit of attempts, use our Identity verification troubleshooter to find out what steps to take next.