Upgrade to the newest version of AdMob
The new version of AdMob was designed to be app-centric. This means that everything revolves around your apps, including the new navigation structure, ad unit creation, dashboards, and mediation.
When you upgrade your AdMob account, you'll gain access to exclusive improvements and new features:
- App-focused navigation: Your apps are the reason you use AdMob. So, we've reorganized the AdMob user interface to make it easier to manage your apps. Everything you need is within a few clicks.
- Dashboards: We’ve created new dashboards to help you understand the overall health of your app ecosystem. Dashboards aren’t meant to replace reports but work alongside them to give you a full view of your app usage and estimated earnings.
- Closer integration with Google Analytics for Firebase: AdMob surfaces data from Google Analytics for Firebase in the app overview dashboard, so you don't have to leave AdMob to review your user metrics.
- Mediation groups: We've redesigned the mediation experience to try and help you earn more using AdMob. Mediation groups let you organize your mediation stack into predefined sets of criteria so that you can easily apply them to your ad units. Create a mediation group once, then add all of the ad units you want to apply it to.
Upgrade your AdMob account & mediation setup
Complete the steps below to upgrade to the newest version of AdMob:
Sign in to your AdMob account at https://apps.admob.com.
On the Home tab, click Upgrade.
Review the on-screen information and click Upgrade. If you've changed your mind instead, you can click Keep current version to cancel the upgrade process.
- (optional) Watch the introductory video about the newest version of AdMob.
- (optional) Review the changes to AdMob mediation.
Download and review your personalized mediation upgrade report. The report will tell you more about how your existing mediation setup will be converted to use the new mediation groups feature during the upgrade.
When you’re ready, check the checkbox to confirm that you’ve reviewed your mediation upgrade report and you’re ready to upgrade.
Click Upgrade to upgrade your account.
When the upgrade is complete, click Continue to start using the new AdMob user interface.
After you upgrade your account and mediation setup, you will have 7 days to preview your new account. If you notice any problems with your new mediation setup in this 7-day preview period, you can go back to the previous version of AdMob to make adjustments and upgrade again.
After 7 days, your account upgrade will be finalized automatically and you will no longer be able to go back to the previous version of AdMob.
Finalize your upgraded account
Your account upgrade isn't finalized until you click Finish upgrade in the notification at the top of the AdMob user interface.
If you haven't clicked the Finish upgrade button at the end of the 7-day preview period, your upgrade will be finalized automatically.
Note: You can't go back to the previous version of AdMob after the upgrade is finalized.
If you change your mind about upgrading, you can go back to the previous version of AdMob at any time during the 7-day preview period.
Some AdMob accounts can't be upgraded yet. In most cases, this is because their mediation setup isn't compatible with the new version of AdMob.
If you currently use eCPM floors with mediation in AdMob, you can upgrade your account by deleting the existing eCPM floors for all of your ad units. Then, the upgrade link will become available on the Home tab.