Home & getting started
AdMob quick start guide
Apps, ad units, & ads
How do I create my first ad?You can start showing ads in just a few steps:
- Sign in to your AdMob account at https://apps.admob.com.
- Set up your app, if it's not already in AdMob.
- Decide what kind of ad unit you want to create. Want a full screen ad between content? That's an interstitial. Read more on when to use them. Or you can put a banner at the bottom of your app on all screens. Eventually, we recommend using both in ways that make sense for your app.
- Next, create the ad unit you'll show ads in.
- Be sure to implement the SDK, too. Review the detailed instructions for Android and iOS.
How do I view analytics data for my app?
Link your AdMob apps to Firebase to take advantage its robust analytics toolset, including user behavior analysis to help you make smarter decisions about monetization. To learn more about Google Analytics for Firebase, you can check out the Firebase help center.
What are the different metrics in my reports?
There are many different metrics in your reports and many terms to learn in AdMob, check out the glossary for all terms and read below for a few key terms to know in your Monetize reports:
- Impressions, which is the count of each time an individual ad is displayed in an app.
- Clicks, the total number of clicks on ads in your app.
- Impression clickthrough rate, which is the rate at which users clicks per each individual ad shown.
- Revenue per 1000 impressions (RPM) represents the estimated earnings you'd accrue for every 1000 impressions you receive.
- Estimated earnings are the current estimated of earnings. These can change before payment and are finalized each month. Read more about estimated versus finalized earnings.
Policies & invalid activity
What is invalid click activity?
Invalid activity consists of any clicks or impressions that may artificially inflate an advertiser's costs or a publisher's earnings. Invalid activity covers intentionally fraudulent traffic as well as accidental clicks. If you see ever see a big difference between Estimated vs. Finalized Earnings there might be an increased amount of invalid click activity.
How can I prevent invalid click activity?
There are several ways to prevent invalid click activity and make sure that your account is compliant, learn all about them here.
When will I get my first payment?
If you've completed the Steps to getting paid, you will be paid the month after you cross $100 (or the equivalent) in Finalized earnings. Your earnings Finalize on to the Payments page in your account in the first few days of the month. Then, the account balance will be sent in payment.
For example, if your account balance reaches $100 during November, we will send you a payment on December 21st. The payment will be issued on this date, but will take some time to reach you and you should have payment by the end of the month.
What are the steps to getting paid?
Before you can get paid you need to meet a few thresholds, verify your address, select a form of payment and earn some money. Go through our detailed Steps to getting paid checklist or read below for the quick version.
- Verify your address. Reach $10, or the listed equivalent, in Finalized earnings. Then, we'll send you a PIN in the mail to verify your address.
You can request a new PIN up to three times. If you do not receive it after the third time, sign in to your account and you'll see a notice on your Home page with further instructions on how to send us an official document proving your address through a 'Contact Us' form.
- Select your form of payment. At $10, or the equivalent, you can also select your form of payment. The forms of payment available depend on your country.
- Get paid! Once you reach $100 in finalized earnings and you have completed the above steps you will get paid on the 21st of the month after you cross threshold. Read more about the payment schedule.
Why is the amount I'm paid different from what I see in AdMob?
Estimated earnings, which are visible in your reporting, offer a close estimate of recent account activity as soon as possible. However, these earnings aren't finalized until the end of the month and won't necessarily reflect the amount you will ultimately be paid. Finalized earnings are accurate earnings amounts that include all revenue you will be paid for validated clicks and impressions.
What happens if my account gets disabled?
If your account gets disabled for any reason, you are able to address and appeal the issue. Our policy and traffic quality team will review your case. Learn more about account, disablement, and appeals here.
Account sign in & other questions
Having trouble signing in or issues with your password?
Use our Can’t sign in to my account troubleshooter, and it will help you get access into your AdMob account.
Have issues with implementing or seeing your ads?
Follow the steps in our Can’t See Ads troubleshooter to correct issues with ad implementation and get ads showing in your app.
What is the difference between AdMob and Play Rewarded Products?
AdMob is a dedicated ad monetization platform for apps designed for developers who want to monetize with ads, and may also wish to use advanced monetization strategies, like mediation, CPM floors, frequency-capping, user-based analytics, and house ad campaigns.
Rewarded Products from Google Play is an alternative monetization product for Android developers offered directly in the Play Console, just like Managed Products and Subscriptions. This solution enables developers to try ads for the first time, without additional SDK work.