About ad network optimization (ANO)
Ad network optimization is a feature within AdMob Mediation that enables publishers to generate the highest CPM from the ad networks in their mediation stack. Ad network optimization automates the mediation process and helps publishers maximize revenue with minimum effort.
How ad network optimization works
During AdMob Mediation, AdMob serves ads from multiple sources, including the AdMob network, house ads, and third-party ad networks. The eCPM value that you enter for each ad network determines the order of the ad networks to serve ads. When you enable ad network optimization, AdMob continually obtains the freshest CPM from each ad network based on historical performance and dynamically reorders them in the mediation stack so that the ad network with the highest CPM serves ads to your apps.
Additionally, if you enable Optimize AdMob Network along with ad network optimization, you may improve the amount of money earned from your ad impressions. When you use AdMob to monetize, you gain real-time access to all of Google’s demand sources, including programmatic demand through our integration with DoubleClick Ad Exchange. For each ad request, AdMob compares the highest CPM you can get from Google’s demand sources with the CPM you could get from other networks in your mediation stack. If a higher-paying ad is available from Google’s demand sources, it will serve that ad over lower-paying CPMs offered by the other networks.
Benefits of using ad network optimization:
- Free: Ad network optimization is free and easy to set up, with no SDK changes required.
- Maximum revenue: AdMob figures out the highest yielding ad network for each ad request and dynamically adjusts the order of the networks to serve ads to your app.
- Programmatic demand: Enable Optimize AdMob Network to plug into real-time Google demand sources.
- Manage multiple ad networks: You can manage many ad networks from the AdMob UI. Set it up and let AdMob take care of the rest.
- Saves time: Frees up your time to focus on other things, such as improving your app.