Ad review center & blocking controls
Guide to allowing & blocking ads in your apps
Using the blocking controls built into AdMob, there are several options for reviewing and controlling the ads that appear in your apps. Blocking controls may be applied to a single app or to your entire account.
To find the blocking controls in AdMob:
- App-level blocking controls: Click Apps and select the name of your app from the list. Click Blocking controls under your app's name in the sidebar.
- Account-level blocking controls: Click Blocking controls near the bottom of the sidebar in the AdMob user interface.
The following options are available for ad blocking:
- General categories: You can block ads from general categories such as Apparel, Internet, Real Estate, and Vehicles.
- Sensitive ad categories: You can block ads from categories related to sensitive topics such as Religion, Politics, and References to Sex and Sexuality. Sensitive category blocking is available for ads in a limited set of languages, regardless of the language of the app.
- App promotion ads: You can block app promotion ads (also known as "click-to-download" ads) that advertise specific applications by blocking the application ID.
- Advertiser URLs: You can block ads from specific advertiser URLs. For example, you might not want to show your competitions' ads on your apps.
- Ad networks: You can block ads from specific ad networks. (App-level blocking controls only)
- Ad review center: Enable the Ad review center to review individual ads -- both before and after they are shown -- and assess whether you want to continue showing them in your apps. (App-level blocking controls only)