About ad filters
- For individual apps: Click an app in the All apps list, then click Allow & block ads.
- For your account: Click All apps in the sidebar, then click Allow & block ads.
The Allow & block ads feature in AdMob gives you control over the ads that appear on your apps. AdMob offers several options for reviewing and blocking ads that may appear in your apps:
- Advertiser URLs: You can block ads from specific advertiser URLs. For example, you might not want to show your competitions' ads on your apps.
- General categories: You can block ads from general categories such as Apparel, Internet, Real Estate, and Vehicles.
- Sensitive ad categories: You can block ads from categories related to sensitive topics such as Religion, Politics, and References to Sex and Sexuality. Sensitive category blocking is available for ads in a limited set of languages, regardless of the language of the app.
- App promotion ads: You can block app promotion ads (also known as "click-to-download" ads) that advertise specific applications by blocking the application ID.
- Ad networks: You can block ads from specific ad networks.
- Ad review center: Enable the Ad review center to review individual ads -- both before and after they are shown -- and assess whether you want to continue showing them in your apps.
Access these options by going to Monetize, selecting your app from the All apps list, and clicking the Allow & block ads tab.
Keep in mind that blocking any ad will lower your potential earnings, as it reduces competition for your ad space by removing advertiser bids from the auction. We suggest blocking only those ads that you feel are unsuitable for your users.