For iOS apps, you can now create distinct mediation groups for ad requests with and without an Identifier for Advertisers (IDFA).
When you create a new mediation group or edit an existing mediation group, you can use the new IDFA availability parameter to target ad requests based on the availability of the IDFA. Having separate waterfalls can help you optimize the performance of ad requests with and without IDFA.
To set a mediation group to target ad requests based on the availability of the IDFA:
- Sign in to your AdMob account at https://apps.admob.com.
- Click Mediation in the sidebar.
- Select the existing mediation group you’d like to edit, or click Create mediation group.
For IDFA availability, select one of the following options:
- All: The mediation group applies to all ad requests (with or without IDFA).
- Available: The mediation group applies to ad requests with IDFA.
- Not available: The mediation group applies to ad requests without IDFA.
- Click Save.
Note: For all mediation groups, we recommend that you use ad network optimization to dynamically adjust your waterfalls based on performance.
If you’re participating in our bidding beta program, you should continue using bidding. Bidding helps ensure your impressions get the highest revenue for both segments of traffic (with and without IDFA) without having to manage separate waterfalls.