Set frequency caps for ad units
Limit the number of creatives that can serve in an ad unit within a given time period. Ad unit frequency caps are useful when you want to set limits across a format (like interstitials or rewarded ads), and those formats are organized by ad unit.
You can apply these frequency caps to:
- Ad unit settings: The frequency caps will apply that ad unit only.
- Network settings: The frequency caps will apply to all ad units that don’t have their own frequency caps.
Set ad unit frequency caps
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Choose whether to add the frequency caps at the ad unit or network level.
- Select the checkbox next to Set ad unit frequency caps.
- Enter a maximum number of impressions per user and then set how often the cap will be reached.
Example: Set a frequency cap so a user will be served at the most 10 creatives in the ad unit every 2 weeks.
- Click Add ad unit frequency cap to add more frequency caps as needed. Combining frequency caps can help ensure that users don’t see creatives in the same ad unit too often.
Example: Set a frequency cap of 1 impression per hour, and a second frequency cap of 3 impressions per day. Ad Manager will enforce both rules: a user can't be served creatives in the ad unit more than once per hour or more than three times per day.
- Click Save.