See estimated revenue impact of adding protections
You can see how blocking a general category is predicted to affect your revenue. Keeping categories unblocked allows more advertisers and buyers to compete for your inventory, which increases coverage and helps you maximize your revenue.
How the impact is calculated
The “Estimated 7-day revenue impact” shows the predicted revenue lost for the next 7 days as a result of blocking the category. We find similar publishers by vertical and geo with these categories unblocked and calculate what percentage of revenue comes from the blocked categories to forecast the revenue impact of unblocking them.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Protections Protections
- Click an existing protection or click New protection Ad content
- Click Edit or Add next to “General categories.”
- See the “Estimated 7-day revenue impact” of existing blocks, and select new categories to see the impact of blocking them.
For new protections, you’ll need to wait up to 24 hours to see the impact.
- If you want to remove a block, click the next to it, click Update, and then click Save.