You can control which ad technologies and video types are allowed on your inventory.
Ad Exchange buyers are allowed to use many ad technology vendors that use tools such as ad servers, research technologies, and remarketing. All vendors must be explicitly approved to run on Ad Exchange. You can control which ad technologies and video types are allowed on your inventory. Certified ad technologies are opted out by default.
Learn more about our policy on buyers' use of technology vendors, and see vendor details.
Ad Exchange supports verification vendors that block the delivery of an ad when they detect questionable content. Learn more
Ad technology protections apply to these transactions
- Open Auctions
- Private Auctions
- First Look
- Programmatic Guaranteed / Preferred Deals (These ad technologies only: In-Banner video format, Interactive video ads (VPAID), Real player, Quicktime, Windows Media, Rollover Expandables (Beta), and Google - Expandable (Beta))
Learn more about transaction types.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Protections Protections.
- Click New protection Ad content.
- Name your opt-in.
- From the “Inventory type” dropdown, select the medium on which you want to allow the display of ads, such as Mobile app.
- The default is to apply the protection to all inventory. To target specific inventory:
- Select Only protect specified inventory, click Add targeting, select an item from the dropdown, and make your targeting selections.
- Learn more about targeting in protections.
- Under “Opt-ins,” click Add next to “Ad technologies”.
- Select the checkbox next to the ad technologies you want to allow.
- Click Update.
- Add more protections as needed and click Save.
Ad Exchange supports verification vendors that block the delivery of an ad when they detect questionable content. Allowing these ad technologies will unblock buyers that require verification. In turn, you’ll benefit from more demand and higher auction pressure.
The verification and blocking technologies (otherwise known as ad swapping technologies) include:
- Adledge: Ad Swapping
- Adloox: Ad Swapping
- Integral Ad Science Firewall
- ComScore (AdXpose): Ad Swapping
The verification vendors support a declared PSA as the alternate creative. Ad Exchange impressions are paid by the buyer when the verification technology decides to serve a PSA.
Ad technology opt-ins apply only to indirect transactions which includes First Look, open auctions, private auctions, and legacy private deals.