- Upcoming trends are not included in the forecast’s historical timeframe.
- You can anticipate traffic spikes during new high-profile events.
With forecast adjustments in Ad Manager, you can:
- Specify the dates when the adjustment will take effect.
- Use segments to apply adjustments to specific inventory.
- Adjust the predicted ad opportunities to reflect upcoming traffic pattern changes.
To create a forecast adjustment, you first need to select or create a segment, which is an inventory organization concept. Segments are reusable portions of inventory against which you can create forecast adjustments.
- Create a segment, or choose an existing one from the "Segments" tab, to set the targeting for your adjustment.
- From the segment, add the adjustment by clicking Add forecast adjustment or New forecast adjustment.
- See all adjustments on the "Adjustments" tab. See the adjustments for a segment by clicking the segment name from the "Segments" tab.
Workflow before segments
Here's how you created forecast adjustments before the concept of segments:
- On the "Traffic forecast" page, click Filter to set the targeting for the adjustment.
- Begin adding the adjustment by clicking Create adjustment or Download CSV.
- See all adjustments listed on the "Traffic forecast" page.