Are you an exchange?
Learn how to configure your exchange integration to respond to publisher's in-stream video requests.
The "buyer" for Open Bidding is an exchange or network that is participating in Open Bidding.
Open Bidding for video ads is very similar to Open Bidding for display ads, using yield groups and your existing Google SDK and tag integration. Creatives are returned to the publisher in VAST format, with the VAST version number as specified in the request.
You can serve both in‑stream and out‑stream video ads from third‑party exchanges in Open Bidding. In‑stream can serve to desktop, mobile web, and mobile app inventory. Out‑stream can serve to desktop and mobile web inventory.
Learn more about how Open Bidding works.
Requirements and restrictions
- The IMA SDK is required. However, third-party SSP SDKs do not need to be integrated into the player.
- If the slot is eligible for out-stream video, then the request may contain both video and display.
- If the buyer is not opted out of bid flattening, exchanges receive separate bid requests for video and display.
- Duration and skip-ability controls must be configured in each respective exchange.
- For standard ad pod requests, maximum duration is not enforced, and should be set by the third-party buyer.
- For optimized pod requests, maximum duration is enforced to ensure it's eligible to fit in the pod.
- Session ad rules are not currently supported.
- YouTube Player for Publishers is not currently supported.
Set up a video yield group
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Delivery Yield groups.
- Create a new yield group, or click the name of an existing video yield group to update.
Choose the ad format:
- For in-stream video: select In-stream video
- For out-stream video: select Banner
- Choose the inventory type. For out-stream video, only web inventory is available.
- Add targeting to your yield group to determine which inventory will be available to third-party exchanges.
- Add Open Bidding yield partners.
- Click Save.