An administrator can update delivery settings, add fields, or change the order in which existing fields appear in Data Transfer files.
Only available in Google Ad Manager 360.
Before you begin
- The "Modify data transfer fields" user role permission is required.
- At least one Data Transfer file type must be added to your Ad Manager network. Learn how to get started with Data Transfer.
Update your Data Transfer settings
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Admin Data transfer.
- Click the file type you want to update.
- Update the list of fields:
- Add fields: Click in the fields field and choose a new field to include from the list that appears.
- Remove fields: Click next to the name of the field you want to remove.
- Choose which separator you prefer to appear between field values in your files. The default value is comma ( , ).
If the character you choose to use as a separator appears within the text of the field values in the Data Transfer file, it will be stripped out.For example, if you choose to use comma ( , ) as the separator, the comma would be removed from the field value "Catherine's Bakery, LLC" and it would become "Catherine's Bakery LLC" in the Data Transfer file.
- Take note of the Google Storage page with the files listed. This is where your files are delivered. Learn more about accessing Ad Manager storage buckets.
- Click Save.
Remove fields that would appear after, or to the right of, the new or re-ordered field and include them again in the correct order.
How quickly are updates reflected in my files?
Changes saved are immediately reflected in the following hour's file. For example, if you update your Data Transfer settings at 10:30am, the 11:00am file and all following files will use the updated settings. All file generation timestamps are in Pacific Standard Time (PST).
If you remove a field, that field's data is not included in Data Transfer files generated and delivered after that point. You can add the field again, but any files delivered while the field was removed will not contain the field's data. Data cannot be retroactively filled into a previously-delivered file.