Video Solutions line items and creatives
Traffic app video interstitials
Ad Manager app publishers who backfill through dynamic allocation can show video interstitials, including TrueView and Video click-to-download. They can display both skippable and non-skippable videos. Video demand will compete with standard Image ads to maximize performance for the publisher.
An interstitial ad usually appears in-between transitions from one section to another within a mobile app. Interstitial video formats provide a high-value option for app monetization:
- Video demand is growing, and CPMs for video formats are often significantly higher than typical display units.
- TrueView skippable video ads are a major source of demand for app video interstitials. They benefit users, as they can skip videos after five seconds. They’re also great for advertisers, who only pay if the video runs to the end or 30 seconds, whichever comes first.
- Video click-to-download ads are also in high demand and are a great way for advertisers to increase app downloads. They’re included in the skippable ads category for this feature.
Read the sections below to learn about requirements before you can traffic video interstitials, how to set up rules, and how to analyze the performance of your interstitial videos.
For a video ad to serve:
A publisher must have a recent version of the Google Mobile Ads SDK:As of January 23, 2018, we no longer support Android and iOS Google Mobile Ads SDKs lower than version 7.0.0.
- If you create an offer for a deal with video on mobile interstitial inventory, you must select Mobile In-App as the environment type.
- A user must be using WiFi.
The default is to block the display of video interstitials. You can allow video interstitials in trafficking by enabling the "Video" ad experience control.
Once you enable the "Video" ad experience control, you can set up rules to control the types (skippable and non-skippable) and duration of videos that can be displayed.