Allow alcohol ads (Beta)
You can allow alcohol ads for your Ad Exchange account. If you've selected this option, any Ad Manager user in your network can enable alcohol ads for selected inventory using protections.
Alcohol ad inventory must comply with the following sell-side beta guidelines:
- Alcohol ads must serve to approved content where at least 75% of the site's visitors are over the legal drinking age.
- All content must be reasonably targeted at users of legal drinking age and must not contain sensitive content where an association with alcohol would be inappropriate (for example, a site about recovering from addiction or pregnancy websites).
Publisher site found to have sensitive content or content that targets minors, will no longer be permitted to participate in the alcohol beta.
1. Allow alcohol ads for your account
You must first allow alcohol ads to be enabled for your Ad Exchange account. If your country is not listed, we don't currently allow Alcohol in your country.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Admin Policy Policy settings.
- The policies page displays a prompt: "Do you want to allow alcohol ads?"
This option doesn't automatically enable alcohol ads everywhere; it only allows you to enable them in the following section: "2. Enable alcohol ads for your inventory."
- If you click "Allow," you are reminded of the terms and conditions of opting in. To proceed, click Confirm.
- If you click "Block," alcohol ads cannot run on your inventory. Ad Exchange rules that have opted into alcohol are still viewable and editable from the "Rules" summary page.
- If you don't select either option, alcohol is blocked by default.
2. Enable alcohol ads for your inventory
If alcohol ads are allowed for your account (step 1), you can update protections to enable them for specific pieces of your inventory.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Protections Protections
- Click New protection Ad content
- Name your protection.
- From the "Inventory type" dropdown, select the medium on which you want to allow the display of ads, such as Mobile app.
- The default is to apply the protection to all inventory. To target specific inventory:
- Select Only protect specified inventory, click Add targeting, select an item from the dropdown, and make your targeting selections.
- Learn more about targeting in protections.
- Under "Opt-ins", click Add next to "Restricted categories".
- Click the box to the left of Alcohol.
- The box will be green to indicate the Alcohol category is allowed.
- A locked icon in the box means the Alcohol category has been disabled for your account. Contact someone in your organization with Ad Manager admin privileges to enable the category. If that doesn't work, contact publisher support.
- Click Update.
- Add more protections as needed and click Save.
Alcohol ads are currently supported for the following countries:
* Countries absent from this list are not eligible to participate in the "Alcohol on AdX" beta. Contact your account manager for more information.
** The ability to transact "Alcohol on AdX" is dependent on buyer participation of these features. Check with your account manager and/or buyer when setting up alcohol specific deals to confirm buyer support.