Best practices and tips for reporting
- Use filters to surface interesting data quickly
- Apply filters for date ranges of 30 days or more
- Use shorter date ranges when possible
- Reduce the number of dimensions in your queries
- Exclude unneeded metrics from your queries to improve performance
- Use System queries as templates for your own queries
- Create separate queries for different reporting purposes
- Run ad hoc queries for one-off reports
- Take advantage of the scheduled report feature
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?