Filter Ad Manager report results
When you create a report, you have the option to narrow down your report results by advertiser, order, key-value, and more with filters. Some dimension filters are only available after you've added the same dimension to the report, such as "Key-values" and "Targeting."
Some reports have special conditions related to filtering:
- Ad Exchange historical reports: Dimension filters will only return selectable values that have transacted within the last 6 months. If you want to filter on values that last transacted more than 6 months ago, you can use the "contains" filtering option and enter the freeform values.
- Reach reports: You must select dimensions before you can filter Reach report results. You won't be able to click Add filter until dimensions have been selected.
Filter by a list of items
Use "is any of" or "is none of" to filter by a list of items. Only report data associated with one of the listed items will be displayed in your report. Enter a comma-separated list of IDs to quickly filter by a set of items.
Filter by substring with boolean operators
Use "contains" or "does not contain" to only display report data associated with items that match a substring connected by boolean operators
NOT, and the negative symbol (
-). The operators must be in all capital letters. For exact phrases, use double-quotes ("). Use spaces with care. If there is not a proper operator after the space, then it is interpreted as an AND operation.
|Filter field text||Search performed|
|NOT "a"||NOT LIKE '%a%'|
|"a" AND "b"||LIKE '%a%' AND LIKE '%b%'|
|"a" OR "b"||LIKE '%a%' OR LIKE '%b%'|
|"a" AND "b" AND "c"||LIKE '%a%' AND LIKE '%b%' AND LIKE '%c%'|
|"a" "b" "c"||LIKE '%a%' AND LIKE '%b%' AND LIKE '%c%'|
You can filter on the "Ad unit" dimension without adding the Ad unit dimension, but you can only use the "contains" filter for top-level ad units. To use the
OR operator in the "Ad unit" filter, add "Ad unit" as a dimension with "Top level" selected.
When you filter on the "Ad unit" dimension, you have the option to include child ad units in the totals.
Include the Key-values dimension to filter by key-values. Key-values reports can be very large, so we recommend you run them for only a single day or a full month. Try using total targeted Impressions rather than total impressions, as this pulls far fewer rows of data.
Filter by targeting only works if you have included the Targeting dimension.
When filtering by "Deal ID" or "Deal name," only deals with registered matched requests in the past six months will be appear in the filter selection list.
For Custom field filtering, the filter types vary based on field type.
- Text-based fields default to the "contains" type
- Drop-down or toggle-based fields default to the "is any of" type
- Number-based fields default to the "between" type