Ad Exchange for Games overview
Ad Exchange for Games allows you to earn money from your game content.
To set up Ad Exchange for Games, you should confirm your eligibility, read through the Ad Exchange for Games policies, and integrate Ad Exchange into your video player or video ad server (refer to the Integration options below).
To use Ad Exchange for Games video ads , you'll need to ensure you adhere to the Google Ad Manager Program Guidelines, the games-specific usage policies, as well as the following:
- The requested ad must play on game content.
- Ad Exchange supports HTML5. It can also be used with direct IMA integration
- Content has to be family safe and targeted to users age 13 and older.
- You have to own monetization rights for the game content, or you must have explicit, written permission from the owner.
Ad Exchange for Games supports the following ad types:
- Standard video: A video ad of fixed duration.
- TrueView video: A proprietary Google video ad that after a fixed period of time offers the user the ability to skip to your content. This format provides users with control over which advertisers' messages they want to see. On the Ad Exchange, you receive the same revenue for an impression whether or not the viewer skips the ad.
- VPAID: (Video Player Ad Interface Definition) An industry-standard protocol for supporting advanced video ads offering interactive functionality such as social sharing buttons or in-ad navigation menus.
- Other: Refers to Google Ads in-stream video.
You can choose the video integration option that best suits your business model. These options are listed in the order in which we recommend them.
- Dynamic allocation. Employ this option if you use Ad Manager for video ad-serving. Use this option to implement Ad Exchange for Games if you want to combine Ad Exchange for Games with Ad Manager.
- Partner platform integration. Use this option if you use a third-party video player or video ad server that has partnered with Google. Refer to the list of partner platforms that have integrated support for Ad Exchange.
- Direct integration. Employ this option if you own the source code of your video player. More information will be provided soon.
- VPAID adapter integration. Use this option if you cannot use either of the preceding integration methods and if your video player supports VAST version 2.0, or higher, and VPAID version 1.0, or higher. This method will incur slightly higher latency as it requires the video player to make an extra return trip to our servers.