Google Ad Manager Ad Units or Placements
If your Ad Exchange account is connected to your Google Ad Manager account, your Ad Manager inventory is imported directly into Ad Exchange on your behalf. The inventory is updated in real-time from Ad Manager, so if you make a change in Ad Manager, the update appears in Ad Exchange instantly.
Select Ad Manager ad units in your targeting
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
Click Inventory Ad Exchange inventory Ad Manager:Ad units.
- When you first access the “Ad Manager ad units” section of the Inventory tab, you must select the checkbox which grants Ad Exchange permission to access the inventory. When the permissioning message appears, select the checkbox.
Such data will be used by Google for the purpose of selling Seller’s inventory via the Ad Exchange and disclosed to Buyers per Seller’s configurations in the Ad Exchange user interface. Please note that all such Ad Manager data will thereafter be subject to the Google Services Agreement that governs Seller’s participation in the Ad Exchange.
- Create a new rule or edit an existing rule.
- Using the targeting selector tool, identify your Ad Manager: ad units or Ad Manager: placements inventory.
You can exclude specific child ad units from parent units that you're targeting.
- Construct your rule, as usual.
The “All Ad Manager ad units” and "All Ad Manager placements" columns appear only if you have Ad Manager inventory. In the Rules list page, any existing rules display targeting as "All Ad Manager ad units" and "All Ad Manager placements" in addition to any existing criteria.
All Google Ad Manager inventory shown in the “Ad Manager: Ad units” or "Ad Manager: Placements" pages are read-only, therefore any necessary changes need to be made via Google Ad Manager.