Top reasons for account closure
We want to maintain a strong ecosystem for both advertisers and publishers. As a publisher, you are responsible for maintaining high quality inventory and traffic. If the traffic we are receiving from a publisher is violating policies and/or invalid, then the publisher is no longer eligible to participate in the Ad Exchange or other publisher products. This kind of traffic is damaging to our advertisers, as well as legitimate publishers, as it can reduce advertisers’ trust in the rest of the network.Generating or receiving automated or bot traffic
- Artificial impressions and clicks that are generated through automated means such as a bot or deceptive software, are prohibited. Automated traffic can be generated by a publisher, or can be received through purchased traffic. It’s important to review traffic sources before you decide to work with a traffic source. Also, be aware of programs that check links within your site, as they may click on ad links as well.
- Publishers should not use third-party services that generate clicks or impressions such as paid-to-click, paid-to-surf, autosurf and click-exchange programs.
- Manipulating the targeting of the ads to get higher revenue ads is prohibited. This includes using keywords within your site that are not related to the content of your site to get irrelevant ads.
- Ads should not be placed within IFRAMEs. Besides being prohibited, improper implementations can cause reporting discrepancies, and you are not able to know where the ads are actually showing.
- Publishers may not ask others to refresh or click their ads. This includes asking for users to support your site, offering rewards to users for viewing ads or performing searches and promising to raise money for third parties for such behavior.
- Publishers are not permitted to encourage users to click on Google ads in any way. This includes implementing the ads in a way that they might be mistaken for other website content, such as menu, navigation, or download links, modifying the ad size to be nonstandard and invisible or hard to see for the user, or being placed too close to elements on the page that require heavy mouse interaction. Please review these applicable ad placement guidelines for implementations considered deceptive.
If your account has already been disabled for invalid activity, visit here for additional information.