Traffic third-party creatives
Some of your advertisers may be working with a third-party ad server such as Atlas or Mediaplex to serve their creatives. If an advertiser sends you a piece of creative code (also known as an ad tag) that calls another ad server, you will need to traffic that creative as a Third-party creative. (See a list of certified third-party vendors.)
The key to successfully serving third-party creatives and minimizing discrepancies is to make sure that you are properly inserting macros in the third-party code.
The exception is when you need to customize the third-party code by, for example, adding a tracking pixel or other code for troubleshooting purposes. In these cases, you can create a custom template and add the third-party code with your changes to the template. See Creative templates to learn how.
Add a third-party creative to your network
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Delivery Creatives.
- Click Add creatives.
- Begin typing to search for the advertiser whose creative you're adding. Each creative is associated with one advertiser.
- When you've found the right advertiser, click Continue.
- Click Third-party.
- Enter the name for your creative.
- Paste the tags from a third-party ad server into the Code snippet field.
If Ad Manager recognizes your creative as coming from a recognized rich content vendor, click Insert macros and Ad Manager will automatically insert the appropriate macros into your code snippet.
- If Ad Manager doesn't recognize your creative, place your cursor within the code snippet where a macro should be placed, then click the corresponding button to insert the macro.
If there are no instructions in the ad tag for where the macros should go or you’re not completely sure, have your client talk to the third party. Ask your client to get instructions for inserting the macros so Ad Manager can serve the creative properly and track clicks and impressions. Since the third party knows their code better than anyone else, it’s always best to go to the third party, as Ad Manager doesn’t keep track of where macros should be inserted in non-certified third-party vendors. Learn more about macros
- Select the Target ad unit size where the creative should deliver.
- (Optional) Enter multiple Third-party impression tracking URLs Beta.
These are the URLs of third-party tracking services. The trackers are pinged when the creative appears and can contain macros. Note that these URLs are not supported for creatives with an actual size of "Out-of-page."
- Click Save and preview the creative to ensure it’s serving properly. If you notice a problem with how the creative looks, talk to the advertiser. (Keep in mind that even if clicks are being tracked correctly, Ad Manager doesn't show a confirmation if the creative redirects to a Flash file.)