/accounts/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Duplicate devices
I'm worried about the security of my account. I have one phone that is connected to my account, but two are showing up, the same brand, with different dates of use, one also saying where I live specifically in the United States, the other simply saying the United States. Why is Google duplicating the same device under my devices section? Could it be that my carrier is the issue? Or is someone else connected to my account, maybe through a SIM card swap etc.? Thank  you.
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (53)
Relevant Answer
I have been experiencing the very same issue and I have been wondering exactly the same thing!  Very odd.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
When I check security issues, my laptop is listed twice, once as a secure device and once as a security issue. I am reluctant to delete the troublesome device because it is identicale to the working device. Can you offer a suggestion?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thank you for bringing up this question. I have the same concern, and unfortunately, the response provided here doesn't answer my concern. There are at least two problems with the way the device list on Google accounts works:
1. The list seems to have duplicates.
2. Each device has only an "informal" description. If there were more information (e.g. device ID) to precisely identify the device, one could at least identify duplicates accurately and be assured that they are all devices in one's own control.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It's nobody hacking or mirroring you . Well not all of you anyway. But some updates totally screws up the phone. Especially Samsung Galaxy phones. I have 4 Android devices. Look at my pictures :)
Because the 4 devices are the same and the dates are not correct if I look under the device that I am on now, and even that one is not correct. It shows a time last connected several hours ago but then under Chrome it says I Synced just now. Nothing makes sense. And my Google Home finds devices that o have removed or factory reset.  I even set up a new router and reseted all my Chromecasts, GH-Mini (Nest) and my lights and setup a new "Home" and added configured them as new devices. But since my phone keeps jumping IDs suddenly one Chromecast gets deleted and I have to add it again. Looking in my webb and app history is really crazy. One minute I did something on one device and the next minute I did it from another device. Wit Samsungs Synchronize of everything and Googles at the same time. Also Google has a setting to restore app settings to the last security backup if an app gets uninstalled and reinstalled. I think that is one small piece of the puzzle. I turned it off and also cleaned Chrome from everything. And then reinstalled it. I lost everything. So much info!! And all it synced back was some settings from the computer where I am logged ut from. That is even more strange. I logged out from Chrome some days ago in my computer and still i could see from my phone how many pages I had up in my computer Chrome at the moment. So even if I wasn't logged in in Chrome my computer still synced with Google to my account. This started for me in the September update with Samsung Pay not giving me Notifications until I got home on my wifi. I had several cases with Samsung but their only solution was to factory reset my phone. I haven't some that in 2 years. But finally I did. But as I can read in all posts and what I no know it was not a problem with Samsung Pay. This is some issue with Google not recognizing my Phones ID for some reason.  Sorry but the phone is Swedish but I guess you can se the totally crazy dates and timestamps.
The solution marked as a correct answer in the thread is not a correct answer for most of us.
I've had my phone for more than 2 years and never had any issues like this. Since September update Google just won't recognize my phone. Everything I change network it is recognized as a new unit. This is totally crazy. And yes I have factory reset, changed passwords, logged out all devices from Google and tried everything. If I stay on the same network all the time it will work but if I go outside and my cellular network connects it gets a new id  and in my friends wifi, a new ID, and so on. 
Is there any real help from Google with this issue?
Please advice. I am about to buy a new phone soon and I'm thinking new phone number, new Google account, fake name and everything so my new phone doesn't get caught in this crazy soup blend.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/accounts/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic