/accounts/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Email login
I am trying to login to a previous account and I can’t remember the password. I clicked on forgot password and entered what I thought the previous password was and it says google can’t verify my account. I have hit forgot email and it says I don’t have an account, but I can still receive emails to this account, because my iPad has the info saved. How can I recover this account.
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (1)
"May you always do for others, and let others do for you" ~Bob Dylan
Relevant Answer
So I am signed in through the apple mail app, not through chrome or anything. 

Thank you, I kind of thought that that is what you meant with that.  It's still a good start, for that reason.

I tried the forgot email because every time I try the forgot password I it says the account can’t be verified.

Thank you, but that answer only my second question, and not my first or third.

When you use the option appropriate for a forgotten username in place of the correct one, the forgotten password, you will always get an answer which doesn't address your issue, but it would help to know the exact wording (my first question) because that could help me determine what options, if any, you have got, given that your iPad is still signed into the Google Account with your Mail app.
marked this as an answer
All Replies (7)
"Less MAY be more...but it is NEVER enough!!"
Relevant Answer
The following was posted by a Diamond Level Product Expert and recognized as a Recommended Answer to a similar question: https://support.google.com/accounts/thread/115773617?msgid=115781957

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Ooops-  I had replied when you first posted but it didn't "take"!

Sorry to post so late, and not trying to override the advice given but-

"You are signed into the Google Account on the iPad and that is a great start, and it might be possible to build on that.

First of all-  what do you mean you're told that you "don't have an account" when you use the (wrong for this purpose) second option during the recovery flow?  What is the exact wording you get?

Can I also know why you tried that option, given that you do know the email address username your Google Account uses?

Then-  what type of email address is it that your Google Account uses?  A Gmail email?  Or a Yahoo or Hotmail (termed "third party email")?"
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer

I tried the forgot email because every time I try the forgot password I it says the account can’t be verified.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer

Thank you, I kind of thought that that is what you meant with that.  It's still a good start, for that reason.

Thank you, but that answer only my second question, and not my first or third.

When you use the option appropriate for a forgotten username in place of the correct one, the forgotten password, you will always get an answer which doesn't address your issue, but it would help to know the exact wording (my first question) because that could help me determine what options, if any, you have got, given that your iPad is still signed into the Google Account with your Mail app.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
When I tried the forgot email as the forgot password would not work, I went through the steps of forgot email and it said that there is no account with my information. 

My email is a gmail account.

Here is a screenshot of what I get when I try the password I think it is and then try to reset then I get the other screenshot message.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please edit your thread to remove the screenshots with your email from it.  You have just shared it on a very public user forum and that is a security risk for you.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
When I tried the forgot email as the forgot password would not work

It does work, if you have recovery options set up for yourself.  You appear not to have set any up (no recover email and no recovery phone number).  So you will need to try to remember the password and then hope (because there are no guarantees that that is enough) that that is sufficient to get you signed back in.

I went through the steps of forgot email and it said that there is no account with my information. 

Ah, OK.  That is because you are not using that Gmail email to secure another Google Account with.  Because if you didn't know your inaccessible Google Account's email address username then you could enter your usual recovery email, and that would then give you knowledge of what unknown email username-using Google Accounts were recoverable with it.

So, since you do know your inaccessible Google Account's email address username that option is not helpful to you at all.  Please do not bother wasting any more of your time on trying to use it to do something different.  Instead you will need to remember the password or consider:

My email is a gmail account.

OK- could it be that you are signed into it on another device or app/software so that you could access it that way?  Because then you could reset the password, maybe even find it stored somewhere, add yourself a recovery option such as another email and/or mobile phone number, and try signing into your current device.

As for the "Wrong password" error message-  that really does suggest that you've entered a wrong one.  :(

marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/accounts/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic