When you sign in, sometimes Google takes extra steps to make sure it’s you. You might have the option to scan a Quick Response (QR) code from a device where you’re already signed in.
Step 1: Choose your device
Select the tab below for the device you’ll use to scan your QR code. You need to already be signed in to your Google Account on that device.
Step 2: Sign in another way
If the device you’re trying to sign in on is a computer, you might not be able to scan the QR code.
- Sign in to your Google Account on the new device. When you see the QR code, stay on that screen.
- On a device you’re already signed in on, open a web browser, like Chrome.
- At the top of the browser, enter: g.co/verifyaccount.
Try another way
- Sign in to your Google Account on the new device.
- Below the QR code, choose Try another way.
- Choose another way to verify it’s you.